What is the Angel Fund?
VREC’s Angel Fund was developed shortly after opening in 2010. Its mission is to provide assistance in situations where financial burdens prevent pet owners from obtaining veterinary care. If a patient qualifies for the Angel Fund, doctors donate 100% of their abilities and the facility donates all hospitalization and/or procedure fees. The only charges to the Angel Fund are associated with supplies and medications to aid in recovery. In the last 10 years the Fund has provided essential (and oftentimes life-saving) care for over 175 animals. Read some of their stories here.
The Angel Fund is entirely donations-based. No administrative fees are taken from the Fund, meaning 100% of donations are used for deserving recipients. Donations can be made in memory of or in honor of beloved family, friends, and pets, or by an organization. We accept cash, credit & debit card, and check (note: please make checks out to “VREC” and include “Angel Fund” on memo line. PA checks only.) Online donations can be made via the PayPal site. Contact us if a donation is in lieu of a gift and you wish for a card of thanks to be mailed.
100% of the purchase price of VREC coffee mugs, t-shirts, and candles goes to our Angel Fund. Additionally, proceeds from our lobby’s vending machine go to the Fund.
Qualifying for the Angel Fund:
- Pet & owner must be recommended by a VREC clinician as well as their primary care veterinarian.
- Proof of an established, maintained relationship with a primary care veterinarian. There must be a history of regular and routine care.
- Pet must have a good prognosis (a high chance of successful outcome.)
- Owner has no history of animal neglect or abuse (we will call your primary care veterinarian to verify this information.)
- Pet is up to date on routine vaccinations.
- Pet is spayed or neutered (if of proper age)
- Owner has exhausted all other efforts of payment, including, but not limited to: credit cards, Care Credit, cash reserves, friends/family.
Those who meet qualifications are required to sign a release guaranteeing they will maintain a good relationship with their veterinarian. The release also allows VREC to use the case for continued fundraising efforts (note: owners will not be identified in the success stories.)
While everything possible is done to award Angel Fund status to all who seek it, it is important to remember our Fund is 100% donations-based. Availability of funds may be limited.