The 2014 VREC Vet Tech of the Year is… Justine Olsommer, CVT.
The award is given to the most outstanding medical/surgical professional technician.
Every year, VREC staff (nurses and doctors) vote for the technician of the year who:
- Shows the most compassion when working with patients and clients
- Accepts responsibility with a positive attitude toward job duties
- Demonstrates outstanding professionalism
- Shows high enthusiasm toward VREC
- Demonstrates tremendous teamwork and values coworkers
The award consists of:
- $500 travel certificate
- A trophy
- A plaque for the technicians wall
- A plaque that is displayed at VREC
- A name plate added to a plaque which displays all of the past winners.
The only trait Justine doesn’t have is patience because she’s plastered it all over Facebook before we could make an official announcement…. but that goes back to her enthusiasm.