For Immediate Release – Closures and limitations of primary care veterinary clinics during the COVID-19 crisis have led to an ongoing, nationwide emergency of unprecedented caseloads, stretched resources, and increased staff burnout in the veterinary emergency field. Due to VREC’s dedication to the community and to our team of doctors, technicians, and client service representatives, VREC has made the decision to temporarily adjust our Emergency Service’s hours of operation.
Important information for pet owners:
During our Emergency Service hours, we are prioritizing critically ill and emergency patients. We strongly
recommend contacting our staff prior to arrival to discuss your pet’s concerns. Please do not come to VREC
with an emergency when our Emergency Service is closed, as we will not be able to provide care. If your pet
is experiencing an emergency when the Emergency Service is inactive, seek care at primary care
veterinarian, urgent care, or elsewhere. Owners without a current primary care veterinarian are encouraged
to contact VREC for assistance in locating a clinic.
Important information for veterinarians:
To ensure we are prepared, do not send a referral patient without speaking with a clinician in advance.
Veterinarians seeking alternative emergency facilities in the region can contact us for a list.
AS OF TODAY, OUR EMERGENCY SERVICE WILL BE OPEN IN DECEMBER:
- Wednesday, December 1: 7am-7pm
- Friday, December 3: 7am-7pm
- Saturday, December 4: 24 hours
- Sunday, December 5: 24 hours
- Monday, December 6: 7pm-7am
- Tuesday, December 7: 7am-7pm
- Wednesday, December 8: 7am-7pm
- Thursday, December 9: 7am-7pm
- Friday, December 10: 7am-7pm
- Saturday, December 11: 7am-7pm
- Monday, December 13: 24 hours
- Tuesday, December 14: 7pm-7am
- Wednesday, December 15: 24 hours
- Thursday, December 16: 7am-7pm
- Friday, December 17: 7am-7pm
- Saturday, December 18: 7am-7pm
- Sunday, December 19: 7am-7pm
- Monday, December 20: 7am-7pm
- Tuesday, December 21: 7am-7pm
- Wednesday, December 22: 7am-7pm
- Thursday, December 23: 7am-7pm
- Friday, December 24: 7am-7pm
- Saturday, December 25 (Christmas:) 7am-7pm
- Sunday, December 26: 7pm-7am
- Monday, December 27: 7pm-7am
- Tuesday, December 28: 7pm-7am
- Wednesday, December 29: 24 hours
- Thursday, December 30: 7pm-7am
- Friday, December 31 (New Year’s Eve:) 7am-7pm
- SATURDAY, JANUARY 1 (New Year’s Day:) 7am-7pm
- SUNDAY, JANUARY 2: 7am-7pm
While our Emergency Service hours are temporarily limited, the hospital remains open 24 hours a day for calls
or concerns. Referral departments – Cardiology, Surgery, Physical Rehabilitation, Exotic Medicine, and Internal
Medicine – will continue to schedule appointments and operate without disruption. Any pet requiring
hospitalization will be monitored 24/7 by our staff.
Our Emergency Service schedule is temporary. Additional shifts may be added. We encourage clinics and pet
owners alike to contact us or follow us on social media for additions to this schedule. Any/all changes to the
Emergency Service schedule will be announced as soon as they arise.
We remain committed to providing superior care to our community, patients, clients and regional veterinarians
and look forward to returning to 24/7 as soon as possible.