Emergency Veterinary Care, Available 24/7
VREC’s emergency department is committed to providing compassionate and medically-appropriate care for your pet whenever necessary. Our Emergency department is available 24-hours a day as a walk-in service; no need referrals or appointments. Primary care veterinarians also refer if they are unable to see a patient in a timely manner, or the level of care needed is above what they can provide.
In an emergency situation, time is of the essence. Our emergency department is available 24 hours a day and is capable of handling emergency, critical care, and trauma cases. VREC provides a wide range of services, including (but not limited to:)
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Trauma, including injury from falls or being hit by car
- Wounds, including lacerations, punctures, abscesses, animal bites
- Allergic reactions
- Toxin exposure, including snake bites, medicine ingestion, household products, illegal substances
- Respiratory difficulty/respiratory distress
- Acute limping
- Anemia/clotting disorders
- Difficulty walking/inability to walk
- Difficulty urinating/inability to urinate
Pets are members of the family, and it can be distressing to see them ill or injured. To minimize the anxiety or stress many pet owners feel, we take several steps to ensure you and your pet’s wellbeing.
- No appointments needed for emergency
- Pets seen through emergency who need referral services will be internally transferred, eliminating the need to travel anywhere else
- If referral services are needed, the appropriate clinicians and staff are called in regardless of the day or time
- All hospitalized pets are monitored 24/7
- If hospitalized, pet owners receive regular calls from staff with updates. Owners can also call at anytime for updates.
- When being discharged, a staff member goes over the diagnosis, aftercare, medication, dietary concerns, and more.
- All pertinent case info is sent to primary care veterinarian
We take pride in our consistent and open communication between you and your primary care veterinarian. VREC is dedicated to keeping the trust of practices throughout the community (see our list of referring veterinarians here). Rest assured, at VREC your pets are cared for as if they were our own.