VREC is now happy to offer exotic pet care to amphibians and reptiles!
Exotic pets are classified as any “non-domesticated” animal. This includes, but is not limited to: amphibians (frogs, toads;) reptiles (turtles, tortoises, lizards, snakes, alligators;) rodents (mice, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, rats, chinchillas;) birds; rabbits; ferrets; marsupials (sugar gliders,) and more. At VREC, Exotic Medicine Clinician Dr. Adrienne Breaux treats amphibians, reptiles, and some wildlife. We offer scheduled appointments as well as emergency care if Dr. Breaux is on shift as the emergency clinician.
Exotic Care at VREC
Routine appointments are $65 and are booked as 45 minute time slots. To schedule an appointment, call 570-587-7777 during normal business hours. A Client Service Representative can provide available times and answer any questions you may have. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please give 24 hours notice.
In addition to routine care, Dr. Breaux, is trained to perform a variety of procedures, including:
- Soft tissue surgeries
- Mass removals
- Fecal tests
- Beak and toe trims (tortoises)
- Issue health certifications to allow travel
Dr. Breaux also accepts exotic cases through the Emergency Service when she is on shift. Emergency visits are also $65. Exotic pet owners are highly encouraged to call ahead to confirm Breaux is on shift. If care cannot be provided at VREC, we recommend contacting a facility from our list of trusted facilities for assistance.
- For the safety of our staff, we cannot treat venomous snakes or alligators at the facility. Pet owners with these animals are encouraged to contact us for care options.
- Breeders with multiple animals should call for on-site appointment availability.
- If you spot injured wildlife, Dr. Breaux may be able to help. Please contact us with details before bringing the animal in.